League Details and Rules
Wilpshire Golf Club Winter League
The 2016/17 Winter League Season commences on Sunday 9th October.
Winter League is open to members as described in The Winter League Rules (see Notice Board/Website). A limit on the number of players will be in place for this season due to a limit of tee time availability, existing members have priority with the remainder of places allocated on a first come first served basis. The number of leagues will be dependent on the number of teams. Leagues will be drawn.
Winter League offers a great opportunity to meet and get to know a large proportion of The Golf Club’s members. Indeed long friendships (and friendly rivalries) have developed through Winter League.
Matches are played on Sunday mornings, tee format will be dependent on winter league numbers and are of a 4-ball Betterball Matchplay format. (Please see diary for dates)
A prize draw for Golf Balls takes place in The Club House at 1.00pm (see Rules for entry).
Entry for Winter League is £25 per player (see rules) which covers prizes and draws for Golf Balls.
The “End of Season” culminates in a Winter League Trip – (planned for early April– destination to be confirmed) and prize presentation.
Please feel free to get involved and enjoy a winter of friendly competitive golf with no shortage of fun and banter!
Please enter your name on the entry list as a pair or individual – Partners will be found for all individuals who wish to play subject to winter league numbers etc.. (The entry list is located on the notice board outside of the Gents Locker Room).
Closing date for entry is 30 th September.
Winter League Rules for 2016/2017 Season
1. Remember it’s all about enjoying yourself.
2. Meet new friends and welcome new members.
3. Stay for a drink and be entered into the draw (YOU must be in to win)
4. The cost this year will be £25.00 per player. (Paid on the first day of the league please in the Pro Shop).
The Real Rules are as follows
1. Player’s handicaps will be as per the Handicap Board.
2. All players “must pay” in the Pro Shop on the first day of the season.
3. Any individual Player who has not paid by the start of the third match will forfeit 2 points. (So you could end up with minus points ** BE WARNED**)
4. Juniors playing off a single figure handicap aged 16 or over, can play in the League.
Juniors playing off Category 2 handicap or better aged 16 or over may be used as substitutes – they must have their names posted on the list.
Juniors aged 12 or over, playing off a Category 2 handicap can play in the League but must be partnered with an adult.
Two juniors can play together as long as the above rules are met.
5. For your game to be played you must have at least one member of the League playing the match (two substitutes is not allowed).
6. A substitutes list is displayed on the Winter League notice board.
7. Any substitutes wishing to go on the Winter League Trip next year must play in two full matches. (This will also depend on the numbers of course and league members who will be given priority).
1. The matches shall be played as Fourball better ball match play.
2. Handicap to be ¾ difference from the lowest player.
3. If 9 or more winter greens are in operation the handicap difference will be ½ difference.
4. Tee slots and times will be posted on the computer in the Members Section, Winter League and then follow the web page using the tabs at the top.
5. If your opponents are not on the TEE at the allotted time, you must still start the match and play until the match is won as matches must be decided over at least 10 holes.
6. Matches are not played and not rearranged each team can only have half a point each.
7. Matches cancelled due to course closure and which cannot be rearranged by the committee will be halved and awarded 1-point each.